The newly launched Arlo Pro 4 has exactly the same features and design of the Arlo Pro 3, including its specifications.
However, there is clearly one difference between the Arlo Pro 3 and Arlo Pro 4, and that is the new standalone installation support. Arlo Pro 4 can directly connect to your Wi-Fi (i.e wireless router) without the need of a separate Arlo Hub. However, if you already have one, then you’ll get the extra benefits like local recording.
But to those who don’t own an Arlo Hub and just want to grab a wire-free Arlo security camera, you are in for a treat.
Arlo Pro 4 comes with:
- 2K Video recording with HDR: See a crystal-clear picture in every detail through Arlo Pro 4’s high-performance lenses
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: See a wide field of view to keep an eye on what matters most
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests with an integrated spotlight
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Direct to Wi-Fi: Connects directly to Wi-Fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate Base Station
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Wire-free setup and a magnetic mount enables easy installation, while a weather-resistant design allows Pro 4 to be placed indoors and outdoors
- Rechargeable Battery: Rechargeable, removable battery lasts up to six months on one charge**
- Magnetic Charging Cable: Quickly charge camera and easily snap connecting cable into place
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Apple HomeKit,*** Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
- SmartHub/Base Station Optional: Enable local storage recording, cross-trigger other cameras in the ecosystem and enhance camera range and battery life by connecting a compatible Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000)
The new Arlo Pro 4 is available now and retails for AUD $369 for a single Arlo Pro 4 unit, AUD $699 for a two-camera kit, and AUD $1,299 for a four-camera kit.
You can check our Arlo Pro 3 review out to see what the new Arlo Pro 4 can do as a wireless security camera to protect your home.