Ring’s most famous, original Video Doorbell (check out our review) just gets an update today. The second generation Ring Video Doorbell now has 1080p HD video recording (up from 720p on the original or 1st Gen), improved night vision, and updated motion zones.
While it has been 6 years since the original Ring Video Doorbell, it seems that it is still popular compared to the other Ring Video Doorbell models. All definitely comes down to its attractive price of just A$149 (I’m using their Ring Video Doorbell Pro that retails at A$399.
With just a fraction of the price, you can get the security and convenience that a Ring Video Doorbell offers. And now with the updated version, you’ll get even more out of your money.
Ring Video Doorbell 2nd generation features include:
- Battery-powered (built-in and rechargeable) or hardwired
- Up to 1080p HD video with night vision
- Two-way talk with noise cancellation
- New Privacy Zones that allow users to exclude areas of their camera’s field-of-view from video recording
- 3 preset Modes (Home, Away, Disarmed) that enable users to customise when the Ring Video Doorbell detects motion and starts recording
- New adjustable motion zones and a new near zone for more precise motion detection
Ring Video Doorbell 2nd generation is available now for pre-order on Amazon.com.au (and Amazon.com) for A$149 and will be available for purchase on June 3, 2020 on Ring.com and Amazon.com.au in Australia. It will also be available to retailers around Australia soon.