WordPress 2.6 Beta 1 is available for you to download! (This blog is using the WordPress blogging system). The question is, who wants to be a scapegoat? :)
I’d love to try it myself, but I’ve enjoyed the WordPress Automatic Upgrade plug-in too much that I’m just too lazy to do a manual update and backup.
Read more to find out what’s new in this version (surely exciting features)!
From Ryan’s Boren page, what’s new in 2.6:
- Post Revisioning
- A “Press This” bookmarklet for tumblelog style quick posting
- Caching of static files with Gears for faster Admin page loads
- A new and improved image editing dialog that offers lots of control over the images in your posts
- Theme previewing as seen on WordPress.com
- Built-in word counting in the post editor
- The ability to disable remote publishing for the security conscious
- XML-RPC API for changing blog options
- Better SSL support for the Admin
- Hierarchy-aware paging in the Manage Pages and Manage Categories admin pages.
- The ability to relocate your content directory
- The ability to move wp-config.php out of your web root
- Drag-and-drop sortable galleries
- Customizable default avatars
- Bulk delete, activate, and deactivate for plugins
- Check box range selection with shift-click
- TinyMCE 126.96.36.199 with lots of bug fixes
- jQuery 1.2.6 with some nice performance improvements
- jQuery UI 1.5
- Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
I may try downloading and installing it on my other blog to check the new features (it’s still a new blog and I’ve left it for weeks :( ).
If you want to download and try it yourself, go ahead!