I was contacted by Nuffnang, acting as the promoter of this contest, earlier to pass this on to you, Craving Tech readers. So, Australians, here is a great contest from Panasonic to win a Panasonic Lumix G2 camera or the Panasonic Lumix TZ10! All you need to do is basically answer these following questions (leave your comment on this post):
- How Would The Panasonic Lumix G2 Make You A Better Photographer?
- Where In The World Would You Bring Your Panasonic Lumix TZ10 And What Photo Would You Take?
Please leave your answers on the comment form below, including your name and email address so you can be contacted if you win. The winner will be the entry the judges most creative and practical by the judges. The Promotion will be open from 12:01 am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (“AEDST”) on 27 July 2010 until 11:59 pm AEDST on 3 September 2010.Full terms and conditions of the contest below:
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is Nuffnang Australia Pty Ltd ACN 133 905 647 of 28 St Edmonds Road, Prahran VIC 3181 (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion will be open from 12:01 am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (“AEDST”) on 27 July 2010 and will continue until 11:59 pm AEDST on 3 September 2010 (“Promotion Period”).
- Entry is open to all Australian residents, aged 14 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prize), and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”).
- In order to enter the competition: *Participants need to leave a comment on the Panasonic competition post published in one of the ten participating blogs (The comment must include their preferred contact method in case they win [blog URL, Twitter or E-mail Address]:
- The winner will be the entry the judges most creative and practical by the judges.
- The judges’ decision (including any decisions as to prize distribution) is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- The winner will be notified via their preferred contact method, and will be asked to provide their email and contact phone number at that time. If they do not respond to the notification within 48 hours, Nuffnang reserves the right to select another winner.
- To claim the prize, the winner must reply to the winner notification and accept the prize within 48 hours of the blog notification, as well as indicate their preferred address for the camera to be sent. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, they will forfeit the prize, and another winner will be selected using the same judging process.
- The results will be published on the Nuffnang Australia website, the Nuffnang Australia Facebook page and Twitter account. Nuffnang Australia and Panasonic also reserve the right to publish the results, including a photo of the winner, in the media.
- Nuffnang Australia’s business directors, management and employees, their immediate families, their retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible. Panasonic’s business directors, management and employees, their immediate families, their retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible.
- Nuffnang Australia reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. If any changes are made Nuffnang Australia will notify the public via its website.
A bit more info on the prizes:
Panasonic Lumix G2
The Panasonic Lumix G2 is more like a hybrid between a point-and-shoot and a DSLR camera; it looks quite compact and light but featuring a 4-42mm/F3.5-5.6 interchangeable lens. If you are a casual photographer, going straight to a DSLR camera might be a daunting task because most of the time, you need to understand how to set the Aperture, Shutter Speed, and other advanced settings on a DSLR camera.
Panasonic Lumix G2 allows you to automatically set the shutter speed, focus, etc just like a point and shoot camera so you can get great looking images with very little knowledge about photography! If you are a beginner in photography then the Panasonic Lumix G2 will really suit you well. Not to mention that it’s really easy to change these settings via the Panasonic Lumix G2’s LCD touch screen. The camera is great if you don’t know about photography but just as great if you do as the Panasonic Lumix G2 have full manual controls which gives the best of both worlds!
Panasonic Lumix G2 key features
- Great for people who don’t know anything about taking photos but want to learn how to. But if you do, the Panasonic Lumix G2 have full manual controls for you to play around with.
- Intelligent Auto Mode – so that camera will choose all the bets setting for you but you can also choose full manual.
- Its comes in three colours which is pretty cool, not many other do (red, black and blue)
- Very compact for a camera of its types
- Halfway between Point-and-Shoot and SLR, so basically you don’t need to be proficient at using a DLSR to use the G-Series
- G Series basically the training wheels to the real deal
- Automatic light, Shutter Speed, Focus etc…Just like a Point & Shoot but with great looking photos!
- Touch screen for easy and intuitive operation
- Targeted at budding photographers who are a little unsure of how to use a camera
- Also shoots high quality HD Movies!
- It can come in the standard pack (one lense 14-42mm) but you can also get the twin lense pack (45-200mm) which is a very powerful zoom lenses for those that want it (RRP AU$1599). Very good value to get an additional 45-200mm lenses.
- 12.1 Megapixels
Panasonic Lumix G2 RRP AU$1299
More information for the Panasonic Lumix G2 can be found at http://lumix.panasonic.com.au/products/Lumix/Camera/DMC-G2
Panasonic Lumix TZ10
The Panasonic Lumix TZ10 is basically a point and shoot camera under the Lumix family. There are not many cameras with more than 10 optical zoom lens so the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 will certainly make purchasers very happy. The zoom lens can also be reinforced by getting the twin lens pack instead of the standard pack for only AU$300 more!
It’s definitely designed for frequent travellers who are looking for a compact point and shoot camera, with style and power. The camera has a built-in GPS so you can easily record your travel photos and compile them into a great photo album about your whole journey. The Panasonic Lumix TZ10 also supports recording movies in HD quality (720p) which will come in handy when you need one.
Although the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 is aimed for people who just can’t be bothered with manually set things up, the camera also has a manual option so creative photographers can still change a few of the camera settings and take creative shots.
Panasonic Lumix TZ10 key features
- Compact in size
- Great travel camera as it has a built-in GPS for easy organization of the photos you took on your holidays!
- 25mm wide-angle 12x optical zoom f/3.3-4.9 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens…allowing it to have twice the shooting area of the standard 35mm lens
- Double hand-shake correction allowing you to take beautiful night shots at slow shutter speeds without blurring
- Record movies in HD with no loss of image quality!
- 12.1 Megapixels
Panasonic Lumix TZ10 RRP AU$649
More information for the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 can be found at http://lumix.panasonic.com.au/products/Lumix/Camera/DMC-tz10
All the best with the contest, everyone!
Source: Nuffnang’s blog post