Microsoft Live Mesh gets updated to version 0.9.3424.31 today. It includes numerous bug fixes and also new features.
Live Mesh is basically a free service by Microsoft to keep your data synchronized between computers.
I have tried it in the past but in my personal experience, I like Dropbox better because it works in the background and I don’t even need to care what’s happening and when it gets updated.
However, feel free to give Live Mesh a try.
Changelog from Live Mesh blog page:
- Added option to hide the Live Mesh folder shortcuts on your desktop.
- Live Mesh now remembers the last location used in the folder synchronization dialog.
- Live Mesh News will now display the date (as well as time) for all news items, even older ones.
- Curtain mode now properly supports multiple-monitor computers running Windows Vista.
- Improved the update experience.
- Fixed display driver issue when disabling curtain mode.
- Optimized MOE CPU/memory use.
- Fixes to Live Mesh Remote Desktop performance and rendering.
- Device status (online/offline) now properly displayed on the Live Desktop, in the notifier, and in the Mesh bar.
- News now correctly displays the year.
- Fixed issue where Live Mesh Remote Desktop caused all Windows 7 windows to have black borders.