iOS 5.0.1 update fixes iPhone battery issue – Today, Apple released a small update, iOS 5.0.1 in anticipation to fixing the bugs affecting battery life of our iPhones. Many have been complaining about the battery leak issues on iPhones after updating to iOS 5, though I didn’t seem to notice any difference. Some workaround fix includes changing the time zone settings but with this update, we can all be happy (hopefully) as it addresses the battery leak directly and also adds a few more features such as adding multitasking gestures for the original iPad and Siri’s improvement for Australians.
Though I live in Australia, I don’t think this update is going to help Siri understands my Asian accent more, sigh.. or maybe I just need to spend more time with her to understand her?
iOS 5.01 changelog:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
iOS 5.01 is compatible with:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)