This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Eye-Fi. All opinions are 100% mine.
At the moment, these are the steps you normally take when you want to upload your camera photos:
- Trying to find your USB card reader somewhere.
- Plug it into your computer’s USB slot (hopefully you have a spare one left).
- Open your Camera’s memory card slot and take the card out.
- Plug the card into the USB card reader.
- Browse it manually (or using a software automatically) to copy the files to your computer.
- Edit/resize and upload them to Facebook, Flickr or your favorite online photo album.
- Take the card out, put it back to the camera, and then store your USB card reader again somewhere.
Have you ever got annoyed of trying to find your USB card readers? Or perhaps just can’t be bothered with these steps to upload your photos from your camera? Meet Eye-Fi, a Wi-Fi enabled SD card that eliminates the need of plugging your USB card reader or your camera’s cable into the computer altogether!
How Eye-Fi makes your camera goes wireless
The Eye-Fi is just a standard SD card that you normally use, but it is equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi that uses your wireless network to transfer the photos (or videos) from your camera straight to a computer or an online service. There are lots of supported online services such as Picasa, SnapFish, Facebook, Flickr, PHP Menalto Gallery, YouTube, and many more! Since Eye-Fi connects to your Wireless router, you don’t even need to have your computer turned on. This means that you can practically upload your photos anywhere you are as long as you’ve got a wireless connection!
When you set it up, you specify the network in which Eye-Fi should connect to (a computer on the wireless network and/or online services that you set).
Eye-Fi can also automatically back up and organize your photos and videos on your computer in date-based folders.
For a better understanding on how Eye-Fi works, feel free to watch the video below:
Unfortunately when I contacted them directly, they said that they don’t ship to Australia yet :(