The ViewSonic VNB101 gives a sleek slim design, portable, yet powerful in one package. It has an “in-mould labelling” (IML) surface technology that resists scratches and a high-shine finish ensuring its colour will always remain vibrant and not fade over time.
It also uses a vivid 10″ wide colour TFT Active Matrix LED-backlit display that dispels less heat making it more energy efficient.
ViewSonic VNB101 Features
- 25mm super clim casing
- 10″ widescreen display with 1024×600 resolution
- Intel Atom N280 processor with 1 GB of memory
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 3-in-1 card readers
- Wired or Wireless networking
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Comes with Microsoft Windows XP (can’t expect much with the amount of memory, I guess)
- 0.3 Megapixel webcam
- Built-in microphone
- 160 GB HDD (SATA, 5400 rpm)
- 3400mAh Lithium-Polymer battery
- RRP at AU$699 inc GST.
Being the first notebook, I’m sure we’re going to see more models coming from ViewSonic in the future.
Source: ViewSonic Australia press release, Sydney Australia, 25th August 2009.