To those who are interested, I got this piece of information from my source at Microsoft Australia about the official Windows 7 launch (22nd October 2009 – in 2 days time!). Using Ustream.tv and real-time Twitter, Microsoft Australia will be streaming and Tweeting the live Windows 7 Sydney launch action from 9:30am on Thursday 22nd October!
“With the launch of Windows 7 we’re using everyday social media channels so you can get involved with the excitement of launch day, no matter where you are – be that from the comfort of your lounge room or your office chair. We want our launch of Windows 7 to be something everyone can experience – with broad reach through social media channels,” said Jeff Putt, Windows Consumer Lead, Microsoft Australia.
Between 10:45 and 11.45 AM on October 22 Twitter followers will be able to engage directly with senior Microsoft executives including Tracey Fellows, Managing Director Microsoft Australia and Jeff Putt, Windows Consumer Lead, Microsoft Australia via the Windows7AU and MSAU Twitter profiles.
Every fourth question asked during the launch Q&A session will come directly from the Twitter feed – which is bound to generate some interesting discussion points online and from within the venue.
There are numerous ways to get involved in social media on Windows 7 launch day including:
- Global Twitter hashtag for Windows7: #Win7
- Local Twitter profiles to follow: Windows7AU and MSAU http://twitter.com/windows7AU and http://twitter.com/MSAU
- Watch the Australian launch live at Ustream.tv: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/windows7au-launch
Other useful Twitter hashtags are:
- #WinLive – To use in place of “Windows Live” or add to the end of any tweet about Windows Live
- #win7tip – Add to the end of any tweet sharing a Windows 7 tip/trick
Live streaming of the event will take place at 9.30AM AEST on Thursday 22nd October 2009 via UStream.tv.