There are tons of Overwatch 2 news for the past few days, with PvE trailer, a new Overwatch 2 Support Hero teaser, roadmaps, and many more. To some, the PvE news came as a surprise because they have mistakenly thought that Blizzard has removed Overwatch 2 PvE content completely. In fact, this was not what Blizzard had announced – they were only removing the Hero’s progression system from PvE.
But of course, the highlight of the news update is the Overwatch 2 PvE content, Overwatch 2: Invasion. It comprises of three action-packed co-op missions that take place in Rio de Janeiro, Toronto, and Gothenburg. Blizzard promises massive maps with complex objectives, and an in-depth storyline with the Overwatch 2: Invasion.
This doesn’t come for free, though. Blizzard had actually mentioned this in the past many months ago that the PvE content wouldn’t come for free like PvP content. To play Overwatch 2: Invasion, the cost is $15 USD and this includes:
- Permanent access to the Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions
- 1,000 Overwatch Coins (equal to the Premium Battle Pass, $10 USD value)
- A brand-new Sojourn Legendary skin ($19 USD value)
- Permanent access to Sojourn as a playable hero for new players: unlocked upon completing Story Mission challenges.
There is also the Ultimate bundle, which includes everything inside the standard bundle, plus:
- The Null Sector Premium Battle Pass with 20 Battle Pass skips ($30 USD value)
- An additional 1,000 Overwatch Coins, for a total of 2,000 Overwatch Coins ($20 USD value)
- Two additional Legendary skins for Cassidy and Kiriko ($38 USD value).
Besides the story missions, there is a bonus co-op mission on King’s Row.
There is also a new PvP game mode called Flashpoint which will be available in both Quick Play and Competitive Play. In Flashpoint, both teams will fight for control of key positions around the map called “flashpoints”. Once a point is captured, the next point will be waiting for both team to capture.
For those who want to learn and master their favourite heroes in Overwatch 2, the Hero Mastery mode contains training courses specifically designed for each hero so you can test and master that hero’s abilities and skills to the fullest.
Overwatch 2: Invasion and these updates will be coming on August 10.
As for Overwatch 2 Season 5 release date/launch date, it will start on June 13, featuring a new Mythic skin for Tracer in the Premium Battle Pass:
Overwatch 2 Season 5 Roadmap: