Amazon Product in a Post plug-in is a great WordPress plug-in that I use here at Craving Tech review posts. Recent changes in Amazon API call limits made the Amazon Product in a Post WordPress plug-in failed to display Amazon products. An update has just been released today and required you (if you are using the plug-in) to fill in the public/private key on the plug-in settings. There is an instruction on the plug-in page and the developer’s page but if you still have no clue on how to get the keys, which keys that you need to save, or basically where to insert which keys, read on.
How to update the Amazon Product in a Post plug-in with your own keys
- Go to Amazon Web Services (as suggested by the developer) and register for a new account if you haven’t (free).
- Log in on the same page
- Go to “Security Credentials” from the Left menu titled “Account”.
- Scroll down a little bit and you should see a section named “Access Credentials“.
- Under the “Access Keys“, you should see an entry on the table with “Access Key ID” column. That’s the “Amazon Public Key” that you need to enter on Amazon PIP options/settings on the WordPress’ Administration area.
- There is also another column titled “Secret Access Key“. Click on the “Show” link to reveal the key. That’s the “Amazon Private Key” that you need to enter on Amazon PIP options/settings on the WordPress’ Administration area.
- Save the settings on the Amazon PIP Options on your WordPress administration area with the keys.
- Refresh your page with the plug-in and you should be shouting in joy seeing this again: