Amazfit GTR 2e Review – I’ve always considered myself to be a watch aficionado, however, I’ve never owned a smartwatch before until recently. Amazfit GTR 2e is my first ever smartwatch and it is a slight variation of the full-blown Amazfit GTR 2.
Before using the watch, you’ll have to download the Zepp App (available on both iTunes and Google Play Store) and after installing the app on your phone, a quick pair up is required.
Everything is so straight forward and you’ll just have to follow the simple instructions.
I like the minimalist design of the Amazfit GTR 2e. It looks premium with its 2.5D curved glass and AMOLED HD display.
I particularly like the blacked-out look with matte black finish on its aluminium alloy body. It has two buttons on the side, the top one is for accessing the menu, and the bottom one is for the shortcut to your favourite function (which is customisable).
On the watch face, you can also swipe right to access the shortcut cards (event info, weather, music, and background applications in-use) or swipe left for a quick access app (commonly used functions).
When you’re bored with the watch face, you can easily change it via the app for free.
What do you get in the box?
- Watch body (including standard strap)
- Charging base
- Instruction manual
How does it feel wearing it?
The GTR 2e is feather-like light. I’ve been wearing this watch 24/7 in the past 3 weeks (even during my sleep) and it doesn’t feel much at all when wearing it.
What colours does it come with?
The Amazfit GTR 2e comes in 3 colours which are slate grey, obsidian black and matcha green.
So what are the main features?
Track your activity
It counts how many steps you’ve taken in a day. You can activate one of the sports modes (outdoor running, treadmill, walking, outdoor cycling, pool swimming and elliptical).
Measure your blood oxygen level
Your blood oxygen level is a measure of how much oxygen your red blood cells are carrying. Your body closely regulates your blood oxygen level. Thus, keeping a precise balance of oxygen-saturated blood is important to your health.
Assess your health using PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence)
This one tells how healthy you are. I do not always achieve the perfect score of 100 all the time though. It’s like having a personal trainer who keeps reminding you to be more active throughout the day.
Monitor your sleep quality.
It scores your sleep quality based on how much deep or light sleep you have.
Incoming call notification
This one is handy since I do not always have my phone by my side. It prompts you when there is a phone call.
The GTR 2e also supports an offline voice assistant which means you don’t need an Internet connection.
Any other cool features?
- It monitors your heart rate 24/7.
- It can handle your calendar.
- You can check the weather.
- It is water-resistant up to 50 metres.
- It can check your stress-level.
How’s the battery?
The battery life is superb, it is a 471 mAh battery. After using it for 2.5 weeks, the battery was still left with 6%.
Mind you, I turn on the phone call notification and use the alarm function every morning. This is a fantastic figure as I didn’t expect it to last that long.
Amazfit claims that it may last up to 24 days for typical use and 45 days for basic use.
Amazfit GTR 2e Tech specs
- Colour: Obsidian Black, Matcha Green, Slate Grey
- Design: 2.5D curved surface borderless design
- Size: 46.5 x 46.5 x 10.8 mm
- Weight: 32g (without strap)
- Body: Aluminum alloy
- Buttons: 2
- Waterproof grade: 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Screen size: 3.5cm
- Screen material: AMOLED
- Touchscreen: Tempered glass, Anti-fingerprint vacuum coating
- Resolution: 454 x 454
- PPI: 326
- Battery capacity: 471mAh (typical value)
- Charging method: Magnetic charging stand
- Charging time: About 2.5 hours
- Typical use battery life: 24 days
- Basic use battery life: 45 days
- Heavy use battery life: 12 days
- Health sensor: Huami self-developed BioTracker™ 2 PPG (support blood oxygen), Biological data sensor
- Movement sensor: Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, 3-axis geomagnetic sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, Temperature sensor
- Connection: Bluetooth 5.0 / BLE
- Positioning: GPS + GLONASS
- Strap material: Silicone
- Strap width: 22 mm
- Strap clasp: Classic pin buckle
- Microphone: Support
- Speaker: –
- Linear motor: Support
- Temperature sensor: Support
- Supported devices: Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above
- Application: Zepp App
Amazfit GTR 2e Review Verdict – So should you get one?
Yes, I’d highly recommend this smartwatch over any other well-known brands. It is packed with features and it does not cost as much as most smartwatches.
You can buy it on Amazfit website for (USD 139.99) at the time of writing.
Disclosure: Amazfit GTR 2e review sample was supplied for reviewing