Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ is a USB flash drive with an extra layer of security embedded on it. The data on Kingston Data Traveler Locker+ is encrypted with 256-bit hardware-based AES encryption. The drive also locks down and reformats itself after 10 incorrect password attempts. Now that’s cool!
Below is the official press release.
Sydney, Australia – November 23, 2009 –Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler Locker+ USB Flash drive. The DataTraveler Locker+ allows companies of any size to secure mobile data with the ease and confidence of knowing that their data is encrypted and safe. The DataTraveler Locker+ also comes at a lower cost in times of shrinking IT budgets, making it ideal for budget-conscious companies.
“Kingston created this drive to address the rise in data loss and theft which has been a growing problem with expensive consequences. This device gives companies a solution that is not only affordable but provides peace of mind in securing mobile data,” said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology. “The DataTraveler Locker+ encrypts 100 percent of the contents and is available at a price point that is very attractive for all entities looking to comply with corporate security policies.”
Data on the Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ is secured with 256-bit hardware-based AES encryption. Access to the drive’s contents is through a simple to use interface requiring a complex password. The likelihood of successful brute force attacks on the DataTraveler Locker+ is reduced as the drive locks down and reformats after 10 incorrect password attempts.
The 100 percent encrypted DataTraveler Locker+ ships in up to 32GB capacity. For companies in need of a partitionable area on the USB drive for public sharing (e.g., within an office setting), Kingston offers the DataTraveler Locker which allows both a public and encrypted zone. Kingston also ships the DataTraveler Vault – Privacy Edition for enterprise and government customers requiring a speedier, more robust Flash drive. It is also waterproof and Trade Agreements Act-compliant. Kingston DataTraveler USB drives are backed by a five-year warranty and free tech support. For more information, visit www.kingston.com/anz
DataTraveler Locker+ Features and Specifications:
- Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Enforced Password Protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to Use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free customer support
- Dimensions: 2.58″ x 0.71″ x 0.41″ (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
- Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°to 85°C)
- Minimum System Requirements:
– USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
– Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use†
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Does not support ReadyBoost.
† First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
Product and Pricing Summary:
Vendor: Kingston Technology
Product name : Kingston DTL+
RRP for DTL+/4GB: A$34.90 NZ$44.50
RRP for DTL+/8GB: A$49.00 NZ$64.50
RRP for DTL+/16GB: A$139.00 NZ$175.00
RRP for DTL+/32BG: A$239.00 NZ$299.00