Samsung GALAXY Note – As promised earlier, here are the complete details and specifications of the Samsung GALAXY Note, the newest product announcement from Samsung during the Samsung Unpacked event in Berlin.
Samsung GALAXY Note is designed for those who want a better experience with their smartphones but do not want to carry a bigger tablet, like the Samsung GALAXY Tab. At times, it’s not practical and it’s also harder to hold when you have to scribble a quick note, which I can relate.
When I was invited to cover an event, I (and other journalists) ended up coming with our notepads to make notes:
Now, assuming all of us have the Samsung GALAXY Note, the experience might be different for all of us!
Samsung GALAXY Note Specifications
- HSPA+ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
So yes, it is a smartphone (make and receive calls)!
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- 5.3” WXGA(1280×800, 285ppi) HD Super AMOLED
- Android 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Camera: Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash, Front : 2 MP
Action Shot, Beauty Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Share Shot
- Video : MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, DivX, Xvid, VC-1. Recording [email protected]~30fps, Playing [email protected]
- Codec : MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG. Music Player with SoundAlive. 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 ? HS, USB 2.0 HOST, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct
- Memory: 16/32GB Internal Memory ? microSD (up to 32GB)
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
Samsung GALAXY Note dimensions are: 146.85 x 82.95 x 9.65 mm (thickness). It also has a 2,500 mAh Li-on battery (unclear about the battery life at this stage). It’s the world’s first and the largest 5.3” HD Super AMOLED display.
It has a stylus, or called the S Pen with an advanced pen input technology. Based on the Samsung GALAXY Note promo video from Samsung, it seems that you can even scribble your photos, calendar, or everything else using the S Pen and then share them easily to your social media.
Now some might be skeptical and think of this as a “Bigger Samsung Galaxy S II”. Only time will tell, because that was exactly everyone said when the first tablet came out: “It’s just a bigger version of our phone”. In the end, we all have tablets AND smartphones, right?
Until some of us can get our hands on the Samsung GALAXY Note, again, it might be to early to judge. Though in a way, it’s true that I’m too lazy to carry my tablet around because it is too big. Though in the same time, will Samsung GALAXY Note fit in my pocket jeans comfortably? As part of the Samsung Street Squad, we are going to get 2 more devices this year from Samsung to make a video and review on. We are still waiting for confirmation but it’s either Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 or hopefully this :)