RØDE has just launched a new wearable microphone, the Lavalier II. It’s a compact, yet premium microphone for high-quality audio capture in broadcast, filmmaking, and content creation applications. It definitely sounds like a perfect microphone for content creators.
The Lavalier II has a low-profile design and comes with ultra-compact mounting clip and flat cable which makes it easy to conceal.
Plus, it comes with premium kits such as a high-quality pop filter and mini furry windshield. Those who like to make contents outdoor here in always-windy Melbourne, the Lavalier II sounds like a great tool on the get go.
Thanks to its omnidirectional polar pattern, its placement can be forgiving as it should be able to pick your voice up easily.
RØDE Lavalier II Specifications
Acoustic & Electrical Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Permanently Polarized
- Active Electronics: JFET Impedance Converter
- Polar Pattern: Omni-directional
- Capsule: 6mm
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20KHz
- Output Impedance: 2K2?
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 67 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted): 27dBA Typical
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB SPL RMS (Plug-In Power, 1% THD), 120 dB SPL RMS (Plug-In Power, 10% THD)
- Maximum Output Level: 50mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.59 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3 dB @ 1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 79 dB Typical
- Power Requirements: 1.8v to 5v Plugin Power
- Weight: 9 grams
- Cable Length: 1200mm