My Ring Video Doorbell Pro is still the ultimate, Ring’s flagship video doorbell that probably has everything you can think of, but it retails at A$399. For new homeowners who have spent thousands of dollars, they might be looking for cheaper options to help with their budget.
Sure, there are cheaper Ring Video Doorbell products such as the most recent Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation that costs less (A$149) and it supports both wired and wireless.
But if you already have a wired doorbell connection at your house, why pay more on a product that can support both wired and wireless? I believe this is the main reason why Ring introduces its latest, most affordable video doorbell.
The Ring Video Doorbell Wired is what it is: a wired video doorbell with no wireless option. At A$119, it’s the cheapest Ring Video Doorbell ever and you should grab it if you don’t have one yet.
It seems to offer all the best features that a Ring Video Doorbell can have, including 1080p HD video recording. Unfortunately, it will not work with your existing doorbell chime so you either have to purchase the Ring Chime like this Chime Pro to be able to hear chime sounds, or relying on your phone notifications.
Full features include:
- 1080p HD video with night vision
- Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Customisable Motion Zones that enable customers to create specific zones to trigger alerts
- Privacy Zones that can be set to eliminate areas a homeowner does not want to monitor
- Advanced Motion Detection that activates recording when movement is detected within a certain distance, sending an alert to the Ring app
- Additional features for Ring Protect subscribers include colour Pre-Roll, People Only Mode, and Rich Notifications
Ring Video Doorbell Wired will be available for pre-order in Australia for A$119 on Amazon.com.au and will begin shipping on February 25, 2021. You can also purchase it on Ring.com, Bunnings, and JB Hi-Fi from February 25 onwards.