Jabra Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t are definitely my favourite earbuds thanks to their excellence in audio quality and clarity. These earbuds have the best audio balance and clarity compared to the other earbuds I’ve reviewed in the past.
While I find that they somehow already feel like having some sorts of noise cancellation built-in, it looks like they haven’t yet? Jabra has just announced today that ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) feature will now be available through a free firmware update to both the Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t (from the Sound+ app). It’s definitely good news for Elite 75t/Elite Active 75t owners getting a free upgrade.
But if you are after a new earbuds, Jabra Elite 85t is just around the corner and I am super excited for this one.
Jabra Elite 85t features Jabra’s most advanced and powerful ANC technology and according to Jabra, having this powerful ANC will have no effect on design, comfort, and even with calls or music experience. So what we get is Jabra Elite product with an awesome audio quality still, but with far better noise cancellation – all thanks to the dual chipset in these earbuds.
Jabra Elite 85t comes with 6 microphones (three on each earbud, with two mics being on the outside and one on the inside) to bring outstanding call quality and improve wind noise protection. With the Advanced ANC though, the ANC and HearThrough are adjustable from the app to create a more personalised experience.
So, whether you prefer to be able to hear your surroundings more (for safety reason) or want to be more immersed in the music, you can do this easily.
Design wise, the new Elite 85t will provide better sealing in the ear to give your more comfort and an IPX4-rated durability. It also has up to 5.5 hours of listening with ANC on and looks like it will support Qi wireless charging too.
Jabra Elite 85t key features and specifications
- Compact design and oval silicon EarGels™ for a secure seal and comfortable fit
- Dedicated ANC chip which is more efficient in removing surrounding noises
- 6-microphone call technology and wind protection for superior calls wherever you are
- 4-microphone ANC using mics on the inside and the outside of the earbuds
- 12mm speakers for big sound and powerful bass
- Semi-open design with natural hear through
- Adjustable ANC with dual sliders from full ANC to full HearThrough
- IPX4-rated durability and 2-year warranty* against dust and water
- Up to 5.5 hours battery on a single charge and up to 25 with the charging case with ANC on, 7 hours battery on a single charge and 31 hours with ANC off
- Qi-certified, for wireless charging, and compatible with all Qi-certified chargers
- Customizable equalizer in the Sound+ App makes your music sound even better
- Voice assistant enabled.Elite 85t works with Alexa, Siri® and Google Assistant™.
- ‘MyControls’ to define button settings and Jabra MySound for individualised sound
Jabra Elite 85t will be available in selected Australian retailers later this November 2020 with an RRP of AU$349. The earbuds will be available in Titanium/Black from November 2020, and Gold/Beige, Copper/Black, Black and Grey from January 2021.
Just in time for Christmas, for sure!