Blizzard has partnered up with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation by releasing a new Blizzard’s Overwatch Mercy skin to the community.
The skin is not free, however, but all money will 100% be donated to help working toward a cure for breast cancer.
The skin, called “PINK MERCY”, is available to purchase as of now until 22nd of May AEST and will cost A$21.95. To those who play Overwatch (check our review here), this skin is not just a recolour, but a full blown, new skin (like a Legendary skin) and if you check the animations and everything, you’ll see how much work and effort have been put into this skin.
According to Blizzard: “Overwatch players will be able to support crucial research around the world. This includes projects currently taking place in Australia, such as new clinical trials and the creation of a large biobank of specimens for better risk prediction.”
There are also sprays and player icons to be unlocked, and even a Pink Mercy charity shirt to purchase.
- BE A HERO – Learn more about the Pink Mercy skin
- WEAR FOR AWARENESS – Learn more about our limited-edition Pink Mercy charity shirt
- REP FOR RESEARCH – Learn more about the Pink Mercy cosmetics
- CHAMPIONING THE CAUSE – Learn more about Pink Mercy charity streams
- SPREAD AWARENESS – Learn more about Pink Mercy emotes on Twitch
- WHERE YOUR DONATION IS GOING – Learn more about BCRF
To Overwatch players, this skin is definitely a buy – I have just bought it myself too to support the good cause.