Just want to pass you on the press release of the latest BitDefender Total Security 2011. I’m in the process of reviewing it and will probably try to see if I can get a few licenses to give away like before from my contact at BitDefender. I’ll keep you posted.
BitDefender launches Total Security 2011, offering consumers a simple yet comprehensive solution to safeguard their online world.
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – August 31, 2010 – BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of innovative internet security solutions, today announced the launch of BitDefender Total Security 2011 in Australia, offering comprehensive protection against the latest viruses, spyware, phishing and identity theft attacks.
Right out of the box, BitDefender 2011 offers users a simplified experience and more helpful information to answer questions about online security. All of BitDefender’s 2011 products include helpful user tips and a video library of tutorials that are designed to guide you through the product’s features and configuration in an easy, step-by-step format.
BitDefender’s adaptive design user interface allows you to customise the product to match your needs and technical knowledge: basic, intermediate and expert. You can also customise the product’s dashboard by adding shortcuts to your most frequently used actions, such as laptop and gamer mode.
To help you get the most out of your PC, Total Security 2011 has a host of new features to ensure that your computer is always running at its best. Performance Optimiser shows which applications are slowing down the PC, and suggests corrective actions to improve performance while BitDefender’s Tune Up feature can remove unnecessary files and registry entries to free up system resources. In addition, Smart Scanning & Scheduling detects the level of activity on your computer, and will suspend scanning or backups during busy periods to keep you safe without slowing down your gaming or media experience.
Vince Hwang, global director of product delivery, BitDefender, said: “Technologies such as social media, online gaming and collaborative tools have all taken personal computing into new realms. BitDefender’s 2011 range of products addresses this shift in the security landscape by providing comprehensive protection from online attacks that spread across new and emerging technologies, whilst offering major performance improvements in a highly-customisable user interface suited for families to enthusiasts.”
Other BitDefender Total Security 2011 enhancements include:
- Enhanced detection – every product in the BitDefender 2011 family provides multi-layered, proactive technologies to hunt down and eliminate the latest threats in seconds.
- QuickScan – detects malicious activity using through-the-cloud technology. QuickScan takes a snapshot of your computer’s running processes and checks it using BitDefender’s cloud-based scanning service in 60 seconds.
- Search Advisor – the BitDefender 2011 family of products automatically scans links and displays phishing warnings for search results, as well as safety ratings for all websites that may contain spyware or inappropriate content.
- Parental Control – manage children’s access to the Internet or individual programs from any computer or 3G mobile phone.
- Network Management – automatically detects other PCs with BitDefender 2011 installed and add them to the administrator network. Manage the security of all the PCs at home from a single place, and conduct tasks (such as scanning and back-up) across all terminals with ease.
Rounding out the BitDefender 2011 family of products are BitDefender Internet Security 2011 and BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011.
BitDefender Internet Security 2011 provides Internet-connected families with the latest protection against Web-based attacks, faster performance for secure online gaming, and unrivaled parental controls. BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 gives PCs fast, proactive protection against the latest viruses, spyware, and identity theft attacks—all managed through a user-friendly and customisable dashboard.
- BitDefender Total Security 2011 – $105 (3 PCs/1 year)
- BitDefender Internet Security 2011 – $75 (3 PCs/1 year)
- BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 – $60 (3 PCs/1 year)