WD_BLACK by Western Digital introduces the WD_BLACK™ SN770M NVMe SSD, a premium M.2 2230 solution designed for handheld PC gamers. As the handheld gaming console market is projected to reach 14.8M by 2027, the WD_BLACK SN770M addresses the need for increased storage capacity in the face of expanding game sizes and regular updates.
- Compact M.2 2230 form-factor for handheld gaming PCs.
- Offers up to 2TB of Western Digital TLC 3D NAND storage.
- Exclusive gaming features include PCIe Gen 4.0, nCache 4.0 technology, and Microsoft’s DirectStorage support.
- Speeds up to 5,150 MB/s (1TB and 2TB models) for quick game installations and level loads.
- Compatible with devices like the ASUS ROG Ally™ for an enhanced gaming experience.
Shawn Yen, VP of Gaming at ASUS, highlighted the WD_BLACK SN770M’s compatibility with the ROG Ally, stating that the ROG Ally takes handheld gaming to new heights especially as AAA game titles reach over 150GB in size. By expanding expanding your internal storage with the WD_BLACK SN770M, you can now play more games than ever.
“Our Ryzen Z1 Series processors are advancing the future of handheld gaming. The latest WD_BLACK SN770M NVMe SSDs will be yet another example of how AMD is working with leading partners to redefine the mobile gaming landscape,” said Renato Fragale, senior director of product management, AMD. “Together, we are expanding the handheld gaming ecosystem by creating a new generation of powerful, portable, and affordable systems that deliver an exceptional experience no matter where you game.”
The WD_BLACK SN770M NVMe SSD is available in 1TB and 2TB capacities, backed by Western Digital’s 5-year limited warranty. The products retail in Australia for $239.00 MSRP (1TB) and $439.00 (2TB) and are available now at local retailer JB Hi-Fi.