Note: This is a guest post written by Emma Crameri
Riders Republic your ultimate downhills sports fantasy game, with bike races, snow tricks and air sports (think rocketwing and wingsuit).
If you’re a fan of extreme sports, or if you are too scared to try the real thing, then you might like to try this downhill racing game. You’ll blast down hills and traverse through national parks with amazing scenery.
The map is a mish mash of real locations, hidden spots and fantasy spaces. You can explore seven unique regions including Mammoth Mountain, Yosemite Valley, Grand Teton, Sequoia, Bryce Canyon, Zion and Canyonlands. The map features landmarks from American national parks, relics (Easter egg rewards), stunts and collectibles.
Your character has lots of different customization options, including skin tone, face, eyes, hair, hair colour, and facial hair. You can collect gear and outfits with your earned cash so you can experiment with different clothes and accessories to create a pro-rider look, on-trend streetwear, or even funny costumes.
You can compete in multiplayer mode:
- Mass Races host more than 50 players with new races popping up the map every hour
- Tricks battle are teams of 6 vs 6 matchups, where you can show off your trick skills to earn points. A classic team event where the highest score wins.
- Free for all are a set playlist of events where you compete against opponents
Versus Mode: Players can join up with friends in their career progression and see who’s the very best.
You can progress through five different careers: bike race, bike tricks, snow race, snow tricks and air sports career. You can sign with legendary sponsors and receiving invites to renowned sports competitions, like Red Bull Rampage and the XGames. You can master a skill, take part in regular new races and daily challenges.
The first year you’ll be able to participate in a Grand Opening pre-season, three themed seasons, live events, weekly challenges are more.
The game is best played with a controller. The game developers have included many accessibility features to ensure the game is more welcoming and accessible to all players. There are three colour blind filters, ability to turn off motion blur, subtitles and more.
Riders Republic Review Conclusion
Riders Republic is an outrageous and entertaining way to race your friends.
Riders Republic™ is now available in Australia and New Zealand on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, as well as on Windows PC through the Ubisoft Store and Epic Games Store. Players can also subscribe to Ubisoft+ on PC.
For more information about Riders Republic, please visit ridersrepublic.com.
Riders Republic Review
Riders Republic is an enjoyable open world racing game for people who are interested in extreme sport.
- Game provides a good social element – with friendly competition
- Lots of youthful attitude and authentic street culture
- You can rewind an action to fix a mistake (but best used minimally)
- It can be hard to recover after crashing or veering off course
- We both had trouble navigating in a wingsuit
- Intro storyline is awkward (but you can skip it)