Have you ever played one of the Battlefield series (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142)?
The Battlefield series have always been focusing on a large scale of online multiplayer battles, where you can hop on to one of the war machines (tanks, jeeps, planes, etc) and cast down rains of destruction to your enemies.
Now, the next Battlefield installment is called “Battlefield Heroes”. This time it’s different.
It’s in third person. It won’t be using real life like models. And this time, it’s FREE to download and play!
From the official Battlefield Heroes web site:
Battlefield Heroes™ is a brand new Play 4 Free game from the people that brought you the multi-million selling Battlefield 1942™ and Battlefield 2™. It’s a fun cartoon-style shooter which caters to players of all skill levels — easy to pick up and play, but with deep character development. It will be released for the PC as a free download in Summer 2008
I remember the old days when I used to play Battlefield 1942 in my apartment with 4 of my friends (LAN). It was fun and full of laughter. There were those happy, LOL moments that I’ll never forget, such as
- Piloting a chopper and then bailing out without letting my poor co-pilot know in a middle of fight just because I chickened out. The chopper hit a coconut tree successfully with my poor friend in it.
- Planted a C4 explosive under a parked jet fighter on the enemy’s carrier spawn point, hid somewhere safe with a big grin on my face. I don’t need to explain what happens next.
These moments are fun to watch and do, especially if you are doing them to your own friends in the same room. The shouting, the laughter, the curses will all sound like music to your ears.
Ahem, back to Battlefield Heroes, it seems that the developers are still heading to the same direction, a large scale multiplayer with those exciting and funny moments.
A screenshot from a PC magazine (@www.bf-heroes.eu)
I’m not really a fan of “cartoony” like models (like the Team Fortress 2), but it will certainly add a more stylish and funnier moments in the game.
Real life U.S Sherman Tank image vs Battlefield Heroes @bf-heroes.eu.
Real life British Spitfire image vs Battlefield Heroes @bf-heroes.eu.
Although the game is free, there will be advertisements in the game. It’s unclear at this stage how the advertisements are going to be implemented. I won’t mind as long as it’s blended nicely in the game. Can you imagine a pop-up in a middle of a firefight? Nah, don’t worry, they are not that stupid :)
Battlefield Heroes should be availalbe (if all goes well) in Summer 2008 (still a few months away). I’ll post an update as soon as there are more news on Battlefield Heroes.
UPDATE: I’ve decided to embed the video on this page. Watch it below (A MUST)
Latest posts by Michael Aulia (see all)
- Facebook introduces “Nearby Friends” feature, allowing you to have a quick meet-up with friends - 23 April, 2014
- Google Glass is available to purchase for the public for a limited period of time - 16 April, 2014
- 7 reasons why you should try WeChat - 16 April, 2014